Job Title: Inside Sales Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Date Last Updated: August 31, 2018
The Inside Sales Manager will play a critical role in the growth of the company, interacting directly with the CEO, CMO, production crew and most importantly, Customers. Superior customer service is a key pillar of the Optolum business model and the ISM will lead the effort to enable an efficient and effective customer-centric work environment. The ISM will take the lead in pulling together the appropriate team members to solve customer problems. This person is an excellent communicator and self-starter that can work autonomously and reliably as part of a team.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with customers and Sales Rep agents by providing exemplary service and support
- Become a product expert, working closely with the Product, Marketing and Production Teams to understand the Optolum product line and solutions. (Comprehensive product training provided)
- Manage all customer accounts – Understand Customer needs and provide guidance on most appropriate Optolum products and services for the project. Also provide alternative product/service solutions to exceed customer expectations. Prepare quotes, process sample requests, follow-up on orders, and solve daily client-related problems.
- Own an individual sales target goal as well as company sales targets
- Partner with internal resources (e.g., field sales, engineering, quality, product management, etc.) and external stakeholders (e.g., supplier marketing, manufacturing facilities, etc.), to deliver best-in-class outcomes for customers
- Manage customer journey using internal information system – Enter and modify sales-related data (i.e. ordering processing, purchasing, vendor and customer backlog, cancellations)
- Manage the Return Material Authorization process to address shipment and billings concerns
- Lead the outreach efforts to gain new prospects and drive incremental revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year university and/or the equivalent experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office, with focus on demonstrated working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Ability to work well in time-sensitive situations where customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal
- Demonstrated customer service and account service